5.22.2008

I am Padre

So lets see here......

Gonna be Daddy 2.0 come September. Madison Marie seems to be developing just super dooper!

Ho hum... Started working at the Padres this Tuesday. I was presented with an amazing opportunity and jumped at it. So I've left Adventos and started full time as a Padre. I'm a Business Systems Analyst whatever that is. But I'm still just Ray the Programmer man. It's rough... I work at Petco Park...

Yesterday is a good example. I came in late because we had a Preggy Appointment so I had to work late. This coincided with being able to meet a guy who's written a lot of the programs for the Padres. I got a good primer for his stuff. Around 8PM my boss says "Wanna get something to eat?" I jump at it because I haven't eaten real food since breakfast.

So we go up to the Press Box dining room. Our "All Access" badges let us in... So we pop in there and take a look around. Hmmm, looks like our options are a Gumbo or the Pasta bar. There's also a full salad bar. We choose the pasta bar, I have a Penne with chicken, sun dried tomatoes in olive oil and some marinara.... Thankee Sai! I pick up a soda on the way to the dining area. After dinner I went back to choose from the fresh baked cookies, cake, brownies, or soft serve ice cream machine. I had a cookie...

Then Boss Man took me around for a bit of a tour and showed me some of our network closets. We poked around in the press booths then went over behind the TV Booths... Then down stairs to the Service tunnel that goes around the entire park. We eyeballed things like the clubhouse, weight room, uniform room, player parking area, Pad Squad room, and other stuff like that...

Yeah, my new job is pretty tough. But I'm going to hang in there for a while...

Tootles,
Go Pads!

No comments: